Think that you might want to become a CUPE member-organizer?
- Are you a member of a CUPE local who has time to commit to work with other member-organizers and staff?
- Are you available at various hours of the day, such as early mornings, evenings, nights and/or weekends?
- Can you be booked off from your workplace or do you have scheduling flexibility that allows you to be away from work for various lengths of time?
- Can you travel away from home from time to time?
- Do you have access to a car for travelling to various parts of the province?
- Are you comfortable talking to people you don’t know (potential new members)?
- Are you willing to spend lengthy periods of time outdoors in various types of weather, including cold and inclement weather?
Then you should consider becoming a member organizer!
CUPE provides training for member-organizers, and they work as part of the organizing team. Under the direction of a CUPE organizer, member-organizers work on organizing drives, restructuring and merger campaigns, and member mobilization.
To sign up or for more information, please call 709-753-0732.
You can also contact CUPE Organizer Govind Rao by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-902-809-4180.
Download a copy of our recruitment flyer to share with your local.