Contracting Out and Privatization Committee
The Contracting Out and Privatization committee works in conjunction with our national committee to educate CUPE members in combatting contracting out and privatization in all its forms.
- Roger Philpott, Local 4938
- Darlene Oake, Local 2033
- Lisa MacDonald, Local 3034
- Nadine Butt, Local 5078
- Mike Tobin, CUPE NL executive liaison
Global Justice Committee
The Global Justice Committee works to provide focus to CUPE’s global justice initiatives. The Committee works with provincial, national and international partners to help build a global movement to oppose corporate privatization, trade, deregulation, and increased threats to security, peace and human rights.
For more information about CUPE’s Global Justice committee and how you can help, please visit cupe.ca/globaljustice.
- Kerr Hiscock, Local1615
- Stacy Lucas, Local 2329
- Stephanie Hickey, Local 1289
- Diane Martin, Local 1289
- Melissa Pender, CUPE NL executive liaison
Human Rights Committee
The Human Rights Committee advises CUPE NL on issues related to women, workers of colour, aboriginal workers, people with disabilities and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and transsexual (LGBTTI) members.
- Victoria Gillis, Local 4935
- Brandice Blanchard, Local 4935
- Samantha MacKay, Local 1860
- Dan Murphy, Local 2329
- Ernest Green, CUPE NL executive liaison
Occupational Health and Safety Committee
The Occupational Health and Safety Committee provides a leadership role by recommending measures, programs and campaigns that focus on prevention of occupational illnesses and accidents. They pursue opportunities to integrate occupational health and safety with the work of other committees and in all regions and sectors of CUPE.
For information about Health and Safety in the workplace and how you can make a difference, please contact any member of the provincial committee.
- Glen Green, Local 488
- Phil Collins, Local 5051
- Mike Green, Local 2212
- Erin Woodfine, Local 1289
- Theresa Antle, CUPE NL executive liaison
- Angela Targett, Local 5078
- Terry Lynn Cooper, Local 3034
- Theresa Hancock, Local 2212
- Cindy Foote, Local 2329
- Theresa Gillam, CUPE NL executive liaison