Contracting Out and Privatization Committee
The Contracting Out and Privatization committee works in conjunction with our national committee to educate CUPE members in combatting contracting out and privatization in all its forms.
- Mike Tobin (chairperson)
- Darlene Oake
- Roger Philpott
- Lisa MacDonald
- Ernest Green, CUPE NL executive liaison
The Equality committee advises CUPE NL on issues related to women, workers of colour, aboriginal workers, people with disabilities and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and transsexual (LGBTTI) members.
- Susan Shiner, Local 3017 (chairperson)
- Victoria Gillis, Local 4935
- Mike Biggin, Local 488
- Gail Brinston, Local 3017
- Sherry Hillier, CUPE NL executive liaison
Global Justice Committee
The Global Justice Committee works to provide focus to CUPE’s global justice initiatives. The Committee works with provincial, national and international partners to help build a global movement to oppose corporate privatization, trade, deregulation, and increased threats to security, peace and human rights.
For more information about CUPE’s Global Justice committee and how you can help, please visit cupe.ca/globaljustice.
- Kerr Hiscock, Local 1615 (chairperson)
- Helen Seaward, Local 1860
- Stacy Lucas, Local 2329
- Tony Molloy, Local 1289
- Dawn Lahey, CUPE NL executive liaison
Occupational Health and Safety Committee
The Occupational Health and Safety Committee provides a leadership role by recommending measures, programs and campaigns that focus on prevention of occupational illnesses and accidents. They pursue opportunities to integrate occupational health and safety with the work of other committees and in all regions and sectors of CUPE.
For information about Health and Safety in the workplace and how you can make a difference, please contact any member of the provincial committee.
- Dennis McDonald,Local 1560 (chairperson)
- Mike Green, Local 2212
- Steve Bennett, Local 1289
- Theresa Antle, Local 1615
- Derrick Barrett, CUPE NL executive liasion