November 20 is a day to remember those killed because of the hatred or fear of transgender people. It is also a time to consider the harassment and discrimination trans people face, and what we must do to eliminate it.
Trans rights are human rights.
Trans people still struggle for the same rights most of us take for granted, including:
- A safe place to live and work
- Access to safe public washrooms and change rooms
- Identity documents that match their gender
- To be called by their chosen name, and
- To express their sense of self freely in what they wear and how they interact with others.
Learn more at https://cupe.ca/lgbtq2